Hair Care Tips
How to care for the hair?
- 1. When you are brushing your hair, be gentle! You must always use a wide tooth comb to brush the hair from the bottom up, small sections at a time. For CURLY hair please detangle it when in water with conditioner. DONT comb it after it is dry, otherwise it will cause tangling and matting. Without the proper treatment, your hair will get damaged quickly.
- 2. Use good brand hair care products such as Pantene or Keracare to keep your hair soft. Avoid hair products that contain alcohol because it makes hair dry. Chemical agents are widely used to add curl to straight hair and to loosen curls in curly hair. These products can permanently alter the structure of the hair. These compounds can also cause severe hair loss from over processing. Never use perms or relaxers on damaged hair.
- 3. Wash and condition hair regularly. Detangle hair gently before washing. Wash it gently in one direction only with warm water and some mild shampoo following with conditioner. Rinse it carefully and let it air dry. DONT rub the hair or press it too hard while washing it.
- 4. Deep wavy or curly hair always needs more maintenance than wavy or straight hair.
- 5. Always braid your hair before going to bed, swimming or exercising. Never sleep with wet hair.
- 6. Prolonged sun, water and wind exposure can damage the hair. It is also advised that you keep hair from coming into contact with salt water and chlorine water as these factors can also contribute to the wear.
How do I care for a curly wig?
- Step 1. Wet Hair
- Step 2. Apply Leave-in
- Step 3. Add mousse (Separate & Smooth the hair)
- Step 4. Apply Gel. Repeat Steps: WATER, Leave-in, Mousse (Optional), Gel (Optional)
- Step 5. Diffuse hair (on low heat)
All Hair Products, you can shop for them on eBay or Amazon.
How to detangle your curly hair unit?
The Proper Way To Detangle The Curly Unit:
What you will need is rat-tail comb, spray bottle, and hair conditioner
- 1. Separate your hair into sections
- 2. Grab each section in the middle and you want to smooth the bottom hair first by using the pointed end of the rat tail comb. DO NOT USE THE FRONT PART OF THE COMB.
- 3. Then you want to smooth the whole section from the root to the very end by using the pointed end of the comb. That way, the frizz would be easily detangled.
- 4. After the smooth job is done, don't forget to fix it and spray your hair with the conditioner mist. Then there you have a beautiful puffy curly unit.
The Wrong Way To Detangle The Curly Unit:
Don't Use a Brush: You don't want to use a brush to comb your curly hair unit. With the brush, you can accidentally pull out hairs.
*TIP: Don’t use a wide tooth comb on dry hair. A very wide tooth comb should be used only on damp hair or you may accidentally pull some hairs out.
- How do I wash & lay a straight wig?
- 1. The very first thing I'm gonna do is make sure to have my parting nice and neat.
- 2. Wet the hair and wash with the shampoo of your choice.
- 3. Thoroughly rinse the shampoo and apply conditioner all over the hair.
- 4. Wrap the hair with a towel, or preferably a T-shirt, to gently squeeze out the excess water.
- 5. Gently detangle the hair.
- 6. Let the wig air dry.
What temperature can our wigs be styled at?
- When styling wigs with high heat, please try to set your tools at no more than 350F/175C degrees or lower. Over time excessive heat or high temperature may run the risk of damaging or burning the hair. This is because the hair is not being revitalized like our own hair from the scalp.
- One of advantages about our hair is they don’t need to be styled at a high heat temperature any way to see results. The hair can be curled and straightened with ease using low heat.
I hope you have found this guide useful. If you need any more help just let us know by email ([email protected])